SO the last few weeks have been challenging. But I really believe God is teaching us so so much!! Like to “Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice!” man i am glad there is that “again I say rejoice”! Becuase it really encourages/reminds me to rejoice even when i might not feel like it!
When Sam and I started dating, we felt GOd gave us Psalm 27v13 and 14 as a promise. “Being sure of this you will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord, Be strong, take heart and Wait for the Lord.”
When our house flooded I was like God, you have promised we will see your goodness so I am excited! But then all the work started happening, and I got tired… But Sam and I truly have seen God’s goodness and we have much to rejoice for, here we go:
1) We are thankful that I only work 20hours a week, if I had been working a full time job, we really would not have been able to get through these last few week without alot of leave being taken!!
2) We are thankful that we live in a formal house. Even though we got flooded, it it only the first time this winter and we we will be able to recover from it. People in informal settlements have it so so much harder.
3) We are thankful that I am still alive and well after been knocked over by the car. If i had broken a bone or something I would still be in a cast!
4) We are thankful for our health! When you lose it and get it back again, so are so grateful for it!
5) We have truly seen God’s goodness through our AMAZING friend James, let me just begin to list some of what he has done for us in the last 2 days, COoked Dinner on Tues and Wednesday night, helped move furniture Tues night and Wed morning, lead devotions for us on Wed night (With the ladies, so that we didnt have to prepare), loaned (or gave) money as our cash flow dried up as our flat got wet (it expensive to get flooded), drove around for us, did lots of our washing up, and was all together a fantastic friend! James thanks, you really did demonstrate God’s goodness to us!
6) I personally rejoice in having a fantastic husband! He has worked so so hard the last two days! Really he has used he last drop of energy to help sort everything out! Sam you are such an encouragement to me! You also cared so well for me, with the whole accident! When you are sick in bed, you amazed me by starting your own business! You have such great faith and you are always encouraging me to go deeper in my relationship with God! THank you! with you and Jesus in my boat i can smile at the storm!
7) We are in awe of a mighty GOd! He has forgiven us sins, and He has eternal plans! Thinking of eternity helps these “light and momentary troubles” to fade away! He is the King! and He has mighty plans for His Kingdom! This week He spoke to us so clearly that He is in control of things at uThando! ANd we just want to praise Him and rejoice in that fact! WE LOVE YOU OUR KING!!
Let us Rejoice and count our blessings!